Kennedale ISD currently offers full-day Pre-kindergarten to qualifying students. Per the Texas Education Agency (TEA), pre-kindergarten is offered to all eligible children who are four years old by September of the current year AND who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be unable to speak and comprehend the English language;
- Be economically disadvantaged (I.e., eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program);
- Be homeless, as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 1143a;
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority;
- Be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- Be in, or have been in, the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code;
- Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer (3106.02), firefighter (3106.003), or emergency medical first responder (3106.004). (Texas Education Agency, 2019)
For additional information on eligibility requirements, please visit the Texas Education Agency Website.
- Curriculum & Student Services
- Courtney Spitzer
Kennedale ISD Pre-kindergarten Program
Students enrolled in pre-kindergarten at Kennedale ISD are exposed to a variety of hands-on, authentic learning experiences that are based on the Texas Pre-kindergarten Guidelines. They participate in a variety of learning centers based on the rationale “Learning to Play & Playing to Learn.”
Pre-kindergarten students are also taught foundational phonics skills through a program called Letterland.
Our pre-kindergarten teachers provide individualized support to every student so that each child may progress naturally along their own development pathway.
J.F. Delaney Elementary
KENNEDALE, TX 76060
R.F. Patterson Elementary
ARLINGTON, TX 76001